Serves: 3-4 people
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons chicken fat
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. Shao Xing wine
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- A splash of white pepper
- 3 garlic cloves (peeled and chopped)
- 2.5 cm fresh ginger button (peeled and thinly cut)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 5-6 large shitake mushrooms (halved)
- 2 cups mushrooms (halved)
- 2-3 grapes Bok Choy (roughly chopped)
- 300g of fresh egg noodles
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 450g chicken thighs (with and without skin)
- Salt (to taste)
- 2 spring onions (finely chopped)
- Fried shallots
Indonesian chicken noodles with mushrooms (Mie Ayam Jamur) Recipe
How to make Indonesian chicken noodles with mushrooms:
- Cook the chicken fat over medium heat and wait until it is crispy. Keep the crunchy fat to garnish the noodles.
- Soak shiitake mushrooms for about 2 minutes. Heat a pan, add the cooking oil and garlic and fry for about 30 seconds. Add the ginger and fry it for about 30 seconds.
- Add the chicken and cook for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms, 1 cup
- Bring chicken stock and spices to a boil, then simmer for 15 minutes.
- Season to taste. Add the hard-boiled eggs to the sauce and let them stand for a day so that the eggs pick up the flavor and turn brown.
- Cook the noodles according to the pack and rinse with cold water.
- Blanch the Bok Choy until tender and rinse with cold water. Then roughly chop and leave aside.
- Remove any fat from the chicken and cut the chicken into tiny parts. Dice the fat and cook it at low to medium heat and wait until the fat comes out. Take out the crispy chunks and save them.
- Put the 3 cups of chicken broth in a small pan, let it cook slightly and season with salt and sugar.
- Remove the hard-boiled eggs from the sauce and cut into the desired portions.
- Add 1 teaspoon of chicken fat/oil and 2-3 tablespoons of chicken stew to a bowl with some noodles. Spread the noodles, chicken, and mushrooms on the bowls. Fill the bowl with scallions, fried shallots, egg, and crispy pieces. Pour some chicken broth into a smaller bowl of spring onions as garnish.
- Serve hot.