How to Make a Japanese Beef Recipe (Kushiyaki)
- 1 pound of beef steak, in thin slices
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2/3 cups of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of sake
- 1 slice of small ginger (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 to 2 cloves of garlic are destroyed
- 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds (add enough)
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- 2 green chopped onion sticks
- Bamboo skewers
How to Make a Japanese Beef Recipe (Kushiyaki)Steps to Make It:
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water for several hours. Or, a metal kebis skewer can be used.
- Combine sugar, soy sauce, sake, ginger, garlic, sesame seeds, oil, and shallots in a resealable storage bag or a large, safe container. Beat or mix the ingredients together and cool.
- Slice the beef steak into 2 x 2 inch thin pieces.
- Soak sliced beef with a prepared bath in a resealable storage bag or plastic storage container in the refrigerator.
- For the best taste, soak beef at least two hours. Marinating beef for more than four hours or even overnight will produce meat that is too salty given the potential of soy sauce in the marinade.
- Remove the bamboo skewers from the water, and skewers a few pieces of beef into the bamboo stick. Remove the marinade after all the meat has been stabbed. No need to brush additional spices on meat while cooking.
- Bake the beef kushiyaki on the grill over medium heat to high until the beef is cooked for the desired health, about three minutes on each side. Because the meat is thinly sliced, you will find that it is cooked fairly quickly. Be careful not to cook too long or burn meat, because it will be difficult.