How to Make Yum Cha Honeycomb Babat
- Serving: 3-4 people
The main ingredient
- 500g honeycomb beef tripe
- 1 thumb of ginger (sliced)
- 1 leek (cut 4 cm)
- 800ml of water
- 2 tablespoons of Shaoxing wine
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 thumbs of ginger
- 1 leek (sliced)
- 4-star fennel
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tablespoon of corn flour
- 1 tablespoon of Shaoxing wine
- ¼ cup of soy sauce
- T tsp black soy sauce
- 2 ½ cups of water
How to Make Yum Cha Honeycomb BabatFor Prep
- Rinse tripe with water to clean it before heating a large skillet and combine it with the remaining main ingredients.
- Cook tripe until the water begins to boil before turning off the heat and allowing the tripe to cook from the remaining heat for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the tripe from the pan, rinse thoroughly with cold water and then cut the tripe into square pieces when it has cooled.
How to Make Yum Cha Honeycomb BabatFor cooking
- In a large pan, saute ginger slices and star anise for about 1 tablespoon of oil until fragrant. Add tripe strips and continue cooking on high for about 2 minutes.
- Add Shaoxing wine and cook tripe for about 30 seconds before adding soy sauce, sugar, water, sesame oil, and white pepper.
- Stir the ingredients until everything has been combined before boiling and then simmer for about one and a half hours.
- Mix the cornmeal with 1 tablespoon of water and stir until well blended. Add this to the tripe mixture along with the sliced leeks and turn the heat to high.
- Mix the tripe well and continue cooking until the sauce thickens and begins to coat the tripe. Remove the pan from the heat and serve with sliced onion.