- Serving: 3-4 people
The main ingredient
- 4 lamb shanks (French)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 onion (cut into pieces)
- 4 tablespoons Massaman Valcom Curry Paste
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 400ml of TCC Santan
- ¼ cup of dry roasted cashew nuts (finely chopped)
- 1 long red chilli (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 2-3 tbsp Squid Brand Fish Sauce
- 2 ripe (diced) tomatoes
- crispy fries (to be served together)
- cilantro (for decoration)
- dry roasted cashew nuts (for decoration)
How to Recipe Massaman Sheep Shaman from Thailand
- Pre-heat oven up to 160c.
- Heat oil in a large, brownish pan. Remove and set aside.
- Saute the onion in a skillet 2-3 minutes then stir the massaman curry paste and saute for 1 minute.
- Add the broth, coconut milk, cashews, chili, coconut sugar, and squid fish sauce. Return the lamb shank to the skillet and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer in a heated oven for 90 minutes until the calf is soft.
- Serve hot decorated with fresh diced tomatoes, cilantro, and roasted cashew nuts. Accompany white rice and crispy fries.
Note: Cow sauce or chicken thighs may be used instead of lamb shanks.