PEPES CHICKEN BASIL LEAVES FROM SUNDA
Foods that are cooked in banana leaves is a very varied food of the archipelago, both from the way of cooking, processing of herbs and the main ingredients are used. One of the main ingredients are delicious and are often used to create the Pepes is chicken meat. Chicken Pepes are very popular for Sundanese in West Java, the delicious scent of the basil leaves are part of his trademark. Here is the recipe for Lemon Basil Chicken Pepes, Sunda seasoning is delicious, and how to make it practical to use a wok.
PEPES CHICKEN BASIL LEAVES FROM SUNDAThe ingredients and seasonings for the chicken sauce:
- 1 kg chicken, cut into pieces, wash and drain
- 100 g basil leaves
- 800 ml of water
- 10 whole red chili whole fruit
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- enough banana leaves for wrapping
- 50 g Pecans
- 4 cloves garlic
- 10 cm turmeric
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 20 slices of red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks Lemongrass, cut into 5 cm chunks
- 5 large red chilies
HOW TO MAKE BASIL CHICKEN FROM SUNDA PEPES:
- Banana leaves cut into widths 20-30 cm or to taste depending on how many pieces of chicken each package has. A light burning over a fire while shifting so that the leaves are limp and not stiff and not easily tear when wrapping, set aside.
- Combine the herbs finely, sliced, vegetable oil, basil leaves and whole cayenne pepper and mix well. Add the chicken pieces, stir until well mixed with herbs.
- Take a slice of banana leaves, place a few pieces of chicken which have been covered with herbs in the middle of banana leaves. Fold the right and left the side of the neat banana leaves and pin the ends with a stick or tie with raffia.
- Bring the water to a boil, add the package Pepes and cover and cook until the water is dried up. Turn off the heat and let it sit for a while so that the marinade soak up more after it's ready to be served.